The Port of Salto is located in the city of Salto, in the department of the same name, 13 kilometers downstream from the Salto Grande hydroelectric dam, on the coastal promenade and next to the north side of the mouth of the Ceibal creek.
Featuring a reinforced concrete dock built in 1928-1931, it is oriented at 010º-190º longitudinally to the river and is 140 meters long and 16.50 meters wide.
It is almost perpendicular (098º) to it. On the north side, it has a retaining wall, which is also an access dock.
Department of Salto
Is located on the northern coast of Uruguay, covering an area of 14,360 km² and has a population of 117,600 inhabitants. It limits to the north with the department of Artigas, to the east with the departments of Rivera and Tacuarembó, to the south with the department of Paysandú and to the west with the Uruguay river that separates us from the Republic of Argentina.
The port is limited by Yacuy creek, Las Cavas creek bank, a dividing line, Ceballos creek, and Arapey Chico river to the north; Cuchilla de Haedo, Cuchilla de Arbolito, and Queguay Grande river to the east; Cuchilla de Arbolito and Daymán river up to the mouth of the Uruguay river to the south; and Uruguay river to the west.
The department of Salto was created in 1837 and its homonymous capital city was founded in 1756. It is located in one of the most beautiful spots of the Uruguay river, near the waterfalls formed by the river, called Salto Grande and Salto Chico, after which it was named. Its capital city is 495 km away from Montevideo along Route 3 “Gral. José Artigas”. According to the 1996 Population and Housing Census, its population is 98,000 inhabitants.
Port of Salto
Dock at the port of Salto
Sede histórica del puerto
Ingreso al puerto
Port of Salto
Address: Eduardo Malaquina Ugolini, Salto